Historical background
It was founded in 1750. The route of the German scientist, encyclopedist, naturalist Peter Simon (Peter Simon) Palas through the Trans-Urals began in the village of Pivkino, Chumlyak sloboda. ("Journey to different places of the Russian State. Part two. Book two. 1770 ะณ.). June 7, 1837 the future Emperor Alexander II passed through Chelyabinsk. In his entourage was the famous poet Vasily Andreyevich Zhukovsky, who made many drawings, including a view of the Zlatoust plant, the village of Chumlyakskaya, the village of Syrostan, the village of Magnitnaya, mountains and lakes.
Chumlyak station appeared near the village in 1895 during the Transsib construction, which was opened the next year. The station was named after the neighboring village Chumlyak, through which according to the original project the track was to pass.
In 1909, merchant and philanthropist Stepan Ivanovich Kolokolnikov (1867-1925) decided to build a steam roller mill at the Chumlyak station of the Siberian railroad. In 1913 the owner of the Chumlyak mill was merchant of the 1st guild Vladimir Ivanovich Kolokolnikov (1876-1917).
On April 9, 1917, the newspaper "Soyuznaya Mysl" reported about a rally in the village of Chumlyak in support of the provisional government. The rally gathered up to a thousand people from Chumlyak and neighboring villages. The rally was opened by E. V. Evladov, speakers N. N. Umantsev, S. N. Baevskaya, A. A. Putskaryova, D. N. Garetovsky. They called for all forces to support the Provisional Government, condemning the tactics of the Bolsheviks, with a resolution. At the suggestion of N. N. Umantsev it was decided to remove from the hall of the volost board portrait of Alexander III, and from the square monument to Alexander III. The rally was in favor of a democratic republic. The meeting ended with a grandiose for Chumlyak manifestation.
On June 3, 1918 the White-Cheeks seized the railway stations Chumlyak, Shumikha, Mishkino. Till 1923 Shchuchye village was a part of Sukhoborskaya volost of Chelyabinsk uyezd of Orenburg province. On February 28, 1924 was formed Shchuchanskiy district of Chelyabinsk district of Ural region, and the village of Shchuchye became the district center. In 1929-30 one of the first in the South Urals Shchuchanskaya MTS was created. During the years of repressions in Shchuchansky district under the sentences of "troika" more than 140 people were illegally convicted, about 30 of them were shot. Two people priests Chulkov, N. I. (1874-1938) and Pchelin A. D. (1876-1938) became new martyrs of the Russian Orthodox Church of the XX century.
In 1941, the equipment of two factories from the towns of Bryansk and Priluki was evacuated to the village of Shchuchye. The factory was located in the building of the Shchuchanskaya MTS. In wartime it was set up to produce fire extinguishers for tanks and airplanes, as well as mines for mortars. In the post-war time it was Shchuchansky plant of fire-fighting machine building of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia, specialized in the production of chemical foam and powder fire extinguishers. Fire extinguishers were supplied to 34 countries of the world. Now the plant does not work. During the Great Patriotic War 9324 soldiers went to the front, 5217 soldiers and officers did not return from the battlefields. Three hospitals and five orphanages for children evacuated from Moscow and Leningrad were deployed on the territory of the district. In the village of Chumlyak during the Great Patriotic War there was a communications boarding school No. 32, which later worked as an orphanage, where 900 people were brought up.
In the summer of 1942, Shchuchye became a workers' settlement.
On May 16, 1945 the settlement of Shchuchye was granted the status of a town.
In 1974, Chumlyak station was renamed to Shchuchye station of the South Ural Railway.
Weather
26 ยฐC
clear | 3 m/s