Historical background
The beginning of the future city was laid by the factory "Electrougli", founded in 1899 near the village of Elektrougli Kudinovo.
By Resolution of the Presidium of the Moscow Regional Executive Committee of July 3, 1934 № 1061 A workers' settlement was established at the plant, which became known as ElectrooogliThe territories of Bolshoye and Maloye Vasilievo, Kamenka, Safonovo, Gorki, Kamchatka villages, Kudinovo railway station, settlements of Elektrougli and Mosogneupor factories were transferred to it. This date is considered the official founding day of the city.
The status of the city of district subordination has been granted since November 2, 1956.
In 2005 the Vishnyakovskie Dachi and Svetly settlements were annexed to the city.
Since ancient times the neighborhood of the city is known for large deposits of white refractory (Kudinovo) clays, which have long been used by local residents for various handicrafts.
The first mention of clay extraction and artisanal brick production in the villages of Poltevo, Kudinovo, Staraya Kupavna, Cherepkovo dates back to 1742. In 1840 near the village of Kudinovo and the village of Belaya a local merchant F. T. Treschalin built a factory for the production of refractory bricks.
In 1900, the Zhokhov brothers, merchants, built two plants for seasonal production of refractory bricks. These factories were quite well equipped: roller runners were used for better kneading and mixing of clay, steam presses were used for molding products, and ring kilns of the Hoffmann system were used for firing.
During World War I and the Civil War, brick production was suspended and resumed only in the 1920s with the beginning of the NEP. In the 1930s, a new ceramic factory for the continuous production of facing bricks and blocks was built on the basis of the Zhokhovsky factory near the Kudinovo railway station. Raw materials were extracted by open pit mining in a clay quarry located a few kilometers away, to which a narrow-gauge railway line was laid from the factory.
In the post-war years, one of the largest landfills for solid domestic waste from Moscow and the region was created on the site of the Kudinovsky Ceramic Products Factory (KKKI) clay quarries 7 km north of the city (between the Vorovskogo workers' settlement and the village of Timokhovo). By the 2010s, the Timokhovo landfill had become the largest in Europe. The landfill is equipped with a radiation monitoring system, strain gauge scales, unloading platforms, leachate collection and neutralization system, autonomous fire pumps, a bath for disinfection of car wheels. Russia's first biogas collection and neutralization system with a capacity of 1.5 thousand m³/hour of landfill gas processing was put into operation; works on construction of a biogas utilization system were started.
From January 1, 2006 to June 5, 2018, it was the administrative center of the urban settlement of Elektrougli, Noginsk Municipal District.
Weather
17 °C
cloudy with clearing | 3 m/s