Skip to content

Pyatigorsk

It was founded in 1780.
Population  0 man
Resort city in the Stavropol Territory of the Russian Federation. Administrative center of the urban district town-resort Pyatigorsk. The largest city in the Caucasian Mineral Waters in terms of population and second in the region after Stavropol.

Historical background

The area of Pyatigorye has been inhabited since ancient times. This is evidenced by the tools of labor, household items, found by archaeologists.

The people who lived here in the past, in ancient times, from primeval times were well aware of the life-giving power of mineral springs. This is evidenced by the ancient baths, carved in the travertines of the Hot Mountain near the springs, discovered and described by the first explorers.

1334 - first written mention of the area Bish-dag (five mountains) with a source of hot water by Arab traveler Ibn Batuta.

In 1561 Ivan the Terrible married Maria Temryukovna, "a Cherkass girl from Pyatigorsk".. At the same time, according to the acts, the last Cherkassy princes "came down to MoscowThe first of them was the first to be born in Russia.

In Russia, the first printed information appeared in the "Book of the Great Drawing" in 1627. It mentions the existence in the North Caucasus of a "hoard of hot" and a "hoard of cold" (sour).

The study of mineral waters in Russia began in the 18th century in the reign of Peter I. The Caucasian and Lipetsk springs were the first to be examined in Russia.

In 1717, during the Persian campaign, Peter I sent to the Caucasus to "search for key waters, which can be used for diseases" in the lands of Beshtaugor Circassians, "to explore and describe the hot waters in the Terek, known as Bragunovsky.

In 1773, the first scientific description of Pyatigorye and its healing factors was made by Academician of the Russian Academy Guldenstedt. He described Goryachaya Mountain and a fissure along the mountain with a stream flowing from it.ย several mouths on the tip of the northwest ridge of the mountainย The hot sulfur spring (the main one), as well as another hot spring that flowedย to the southern spur, to the Podkumok River; inspected Lake Proval, visited Tambukan and the sulfuric Kumagorskiy source.

In 1774, under the Kuchuk Kainarji Peace Treaty with Turkey, part of Kabarda, along with much of the Pyatigorye, went to Russia, and in 1791, under the Peace of Jassy, Russia acquired Greater Kabarda and the right bank of the Kuban, and thus "the mineral waters became definitively our property, except Narzan, which until 1806 was outside the Empire..

1780 - laying and beginning of construction of Konstantinogorsk fortressย - one of the fortifications of the Azov-Mozdok defensive line (1777), an important role in the creation of which belongs to A.V. Suvorov. The fortress was erected in the valley between Beshtau and Mashuk mountains (4 km west from Mashuk) at the junction of the rivers Zolotukh (Zolotushka) and Podkumok at the so called "Dry line" of the Caucasus line. It was the first Russian military fortification in the Pyatigorye. It was built under the supervision of Lieutenant-General I.V. Jacobi and was named Konstantinogorskaya after the grandson of Catherine II, Konstantin Pavlovich..ย Corresponds to the territory of the current microdistrict of Novopiatigorsk.

Occupying Konstantinogorsk fortress soldiers of the 16th Jaeger Regiment drew attention to the hot mineral springs of Mashuk Mountain. This year is considered the official year of foundation of Pyatigorsk.ย Gradually a sloboda grew next door, where soldiers who had served their time settled.

In 1793, the Russian Academy of Sciences sent the famous naturalist and traveler P. S. Pallas to the Caucasus, who described the springs in detail and made the firstย qualityย chemical analysis of mineral waters. (All analyses of mineral waters before Smirnov had been carried out outside the Caucasian waters - in St. Petersburg, Moscow, Kharkov). The soldiers who lived near the hot springs were already familiar with their healing properties, and from them, among others, the Russian scientist learned that sulfur baths were useful for skin diseases, rheumatism, gout, etc. The most important result of Pallas' trip was a survey of the Narzan, to which he attached great importance and predicted a brilliant future. Pallas' report at the Academy of Sciences made a great impression, and interest in the Caucasian Mineral Waters increased significantly. After scientists visited and studied the hot waters, the news about the healing waters spread more and more widely, attracting patients from the remotest cities of the Russian Empire to the hot sulfur waters.

Subsequent researches of Pyatigorsk mineral waters and Kislovodsk Narzan were carried out in 1801 by chemist Simeon, and in 1802 - by staff-medics Krushnevich, Gordinsky and apothecary Schvenson. In terms of completeness and accuracy of the salt composition these analyses can be considered the first in the history of studying the chemistry of these springs.

April 24, 1803 (St. Petersburg) - begins the official history of Pyatigorsk as a resort town, when he signed the famous rescript of Alexander I "On recognition of the state importance of the Caucasian Mineral Waters and the need for their arrangement.

During this period (1800-1810), the first Western European colonists settled in the vicinity of the spas. The purpose of their invitation was the better improvement and food supply of the new Russian health resorts. Near Pyatigorsk in 1802 by Scottish expatriates G.. Brunton and A. Paterson founded a colony Carras (since 1809 here also settled German colonists - natives of the Volga region (Sarepta). In the vicinity of Pyatigorsk in 1819 the Germans founded a colony Nikolaevskaya, and in 1831 - Konstantinovskaya (east of the Mashuka from the village Konstantinovskaya to the Karras and to this day stretches fragrant vineyards). Italian winemakers (Calaborka and Tempelhof) settled in the vicinity of Mount Camel.

In 1803 the architect N.A. Lvov discovered two new springs in the Hot Springs and ordered a bath to be carved in the travertines of Goryachaya Mountain.

In 1809-1810 the famous Moscow physician Friedrich Iosifovich Haaz visited the Caucasian Mineral Waters. Dr. Fyodor Petrovich Gaaz (as he was called in Russia) is credited with discovering new healing springs in Pyatigorsk, the result of his research was the book "My Trip to the Alexander Waters".

In 1809, the police officer Vodynsky built the first house in Goryachevodskaya Valley.ย According to other data, the first house in Goryachevodskaya Valley was built by a solicitor from Georgievsk Cherniavsky in 1812.

1816-1827 - the years of command of the troops of the Separate Caucasus Corps by General A.P. Ermolov. At that time in Goryachevodsk, at the foot of the mountain, soldiers built the Elizabeth baths, in front of which flower gardens were laid out, and next to it a wooden (wooden block) bathroom building designed by Johann F. Wilster was started (completed in 1821), which was called Yermolovsky and existed till 1874..ย An extensive orchard of peaches, apricots, and plums was planted outside the city.

1822-1823 - a special construction commission was established (by the petition of Yermolov) and the first architects - the Swiss brothers Giuseppe and Giovanni Bernardazzi - were invited.

In 1823, for a more complete and comprehensive description of the Kavminvody from St. Petersburg was sent to the professor of the Medical-Surgical Academy A. P. Nelyubin. P. Nelyubin. In 1825 he published a major work "Complete historical, medical and topographical, physical and chemical and medical description of the Caucasian Mineral Waters", which for many years was the basis for the development of the Caucasian resorts.

In 1825 the postal route from Georgievsk to Goryachie Vody was laid. It ran along the left bank of the river Podkumok along the southern slope of Goryachaya mountain through Kabardinskaya slobodka west of the bitter-salt lakes on Konstantinovsky plateau, which facilitated and shortened the former route around the Mashuk. Due to the laying of the new Georgievsky road along the northern bank of the Podkumok River and the southern slopes of the Mashuka River near the entrance gate (Teplosernaya Street, east of Goryachevodskii spusk) the soldierly slobodka Kabardinka was laid out. It was inhabited by family and retired soldiers, residents of the Konstantinogorsk fortress slobodka.

On the initiative of Ermolov, in 1825, in the vicinity of Mount Mashuk, along the river Podkumok (on both banks of the river) was formed Cossack village, later called Goryachevodskoy.

In the 1920s, the first demolition roads were built between "groups" and to the district town of Georgievsk (the provincial center at the time; soon afterwards, at the suggestion of General Yermolov, Stavropol became a provincial town). In Pyatigorsk the first official hotel Restoratsiya (1825-1828) was built; the first capital building of the Nikolaev (now Lermontovsky) baths, two officer's houses, the park "Tsvetnik" was founded and the boulevard planted with linden-trees was laid, romantic "Grotto of Diana" and "Aeolian Harp" appeared. In 1824, General Ermolov issued a decree appointing doctor F.P. Conradi as the first (permanent, including in winter time) chief physician at the Caucasian Mineral Waters.

In the decree of Nicholas I to the governor-general in Georgia in connection with the approval of the "Establishment for the administration of the Caucasian region" the need to establish a new district town at the mineral waters instead of Georgievsk, which had an uncomfortable position and "unhealthy climate" was noted. By the Senate's decree of May 14, 1830 the center of the district was moved to Pyatigorsk, Georgievsk district was renamed Pyatigorsk. On August 1, 1830 in Pyatigorsk were opened offices of the district.

The name Pyatigorye has stuck to the entire northern (central) part of the Caucasian Mineral Waters region. This name is associated with the location near Pyatigorsk of the five-headed mountain Beshtau. The name of the mountain is of Turkic origin and means "five mountains".

The sulfur baths in Kislovodsk were taken by the sick after the sulfur baths in Pyatigorsk and the iron baths in Zheleznovodsk. This treatment process corresponded to the belief of the highlanders that the hot sulfuric waters of Pyatigorsk, called "dead water" by the highlanders, relaxed the body, the warm iron water, called "living water", revived the body, and the Kislovodsk narzan, usually cold, gave the body strength to be a hero.

In 1831, the architect G. Bernardazzi made a plan of the city of Pyatigorsk. In the corners of the plan were drawings of the city made by the architect, and in the center - the image of the Bernardazzi brothers[31]. According to other sources, the plan was approved in 1830..

On July 1, 1836, there were 390 houses and 1,175 residents in Pyatigorsk.

In 1837 a new plan of building of the city was royally approved. Nicholas I during the consideration of the projects expressed the desire "for the church in Piatigorsk to be built with five heads" (like the five-domed Beshtau). The project of K. Ton was approved in January 1842. Later it was replaced by the project of Andreev..ย The majestic cathedral in the name of Christ the Savior healing the paralytic (Spassky Cathedral) was built for 22 years on donations and decorated the city in 1869 (the laying of the temple was appointed on June 25, 1847 - the day of the emperor's birth; it was destroyed in 1935-1936).

In 1838, the first factories opened in the city: a brick factory and a brewery..

In 1839, the water at Alexander's spring disappeared for the second time for a year, which led to the closure of the Nicholas and Ermolovka baths, the Old, Soldier and People's baths. Before the disappearance "a small knocking was heard in the mountain"..

In 1842 was approved by the coat of arms of the city of Pyatigorsk. At the top - the coat of arms of the Caucasus region, at the bottom - the image of Mount Beshtau.

In 40-50s of the XIX century, under the governor of the Caucasus, Prince M. S. Vorontsov and the manager of the Caucasian Mineral Waters D. A. Vsevolozhsky, construction on the waters was revived again: galleries were built in each of the cities of Kav-Mineral Waters (Chief Arch. S. I. Upton). Upton): the Elisavetinskaya (Academic) Gallery in Pyatigorsk (as well as Teplosernye baths), the gallery of spring No.17 in Essentuki, the Narzanaya Gallery in Kislovodsk, the wooden gallery in Zheleznovodsk (construction of many facilities was suspended and delayed because of the earthquake which happened in 1852 in Kavminvody). In Pyatigorsk in 1850 on the order of Vorontsov was created the first Russian open-air museum - the Museum of Antiquities of the North Caucasus. In the middle of the 19th century the systematic study of Pyatigorsk resort began; great contribution to the study and systematization was made by F. A. Batalin. Twice he went down into the Pyatigorsk cavity to the depth of 26 meters and described in details the cavity lake and its thermal waters; he managed to open some new, unknown springs. By the personal order of the prince A. I. Baryatinsky in 1859 there was founded the first resort library in Pyatigorsk on the KVM..

27 (15) March 1848. Instruction from the governor of the Caucasus M. ะก. Vorontsov to the governor of Caucasian Mineral Waters Major General D.A.Vsevolozhsky on building a water pipe in Pyatigorsk.

In 1851 a regular omnibus service between Pyatigorsk and other groups of the KVMV opened. The omnibuses departed from the Restoration building.

In 1851-1852, a new road was built to the top of Mashuk Mountain. A "Cabriolet Depot" was established near the Mikhailovsky Gallery for boarding in donkey-drawn cabriolets to the top of the mountain.

In 1855 a water pipeline made of ceramic pipes was laid from the springs of the Beshtau mountain to Pyatigorsk.

In 1857 the digging of a 43.7-meter long tunnel to the sulfuric lake Proval began at the expense of the Moscow official-philanthropist P. A. Lazarik. A. Lazarik.

1863 - Dr. S. A. Smirnov, a man of wide erudition, thanks to his organizational talent managed to unite advanced doctors, physiologists, chemists-precursors, engineers and geologists, to put on a scientific basis balneology on the Caucasian Mineral Waters and become the founder of scientific balneology. He was the initiator of the organization of the Russian Balneological Society in Pyatigorsk - the first in the country scientific and practical organization engaged in research and use of therapeutic factors given by nature.

In 1863, A. K. Okulovsky's first photograph of the Caucasian Mineral Waters appeared; he and his followers (I. Lange, G. Ya. Rayev, etc.) did much to promote the spa towns, issuing postcard views of the Kavminvody. In the second half of the 19th century the Caucasian Mineral Waters was considered a summer residence of the royal family and was the most fashionable and prestigious resort in the country. To divert Russian society from trips to Western European resorts, Dr. Smirnov prescribed large quantities of mineral waters from abroad, providing those in need with them.

May 30, 1863, the first Russian spa newspaper "Leaflet for visitors of the Caucasian Mineral Waters" was published. The initiator of the publication and the first editor was S. A. Smirnov, Doctor of Medicine, founder of the Russian Balneological Society..

August 1863 - establishment of telegraph connection between Pyatigorsk and St. Petersburg by laying a telegraph line from Stavropol to Rostov-on-Don.

In 1865 he opened a two-class city school for women.

In 1874 Pyatigorsk was transferred from the administrative subordination of the Stavropol Province to the Terek Province, becoming the administrative center of the new Pyatigorsk district..ย In the same year elections to the Pyatigorsk City Duma were held for the first time under the City Statute of 1870.

ะ’ 1875ย OSJDย The non-rail (highway) roads of Kuma station (now Mineralnye Vody) - Pyatigorsk - Kislovodsk were opened.

In 1882 the Pyatigorsk District was divided into two - Pyatigorsk and Nalchik. KMV became part of the Pyatigorsk District with its center in the city of Pyatigorsk.

In 1885, the Race Course (now the Hippodrome) was opened.

Since 1886 began using the therapeutic mud lake Tambukan, located 10 km from the city, and in 1889 began radon therapy.

1889 - opening of the monument to Mikhail Lermontov in Pyatigorsk, the first in the Russian Empire. Fundraising continued for 18 years.

In November 1890, the mining engineer A. B. Conradi built a water pipeline from the Yutz Mountain spring, which provided the city with 300 thousand buckets of water per day..

May 17, 1894 opened regular train service on the section Mineralnye Vody - Kislovodsk.ย Then, in the 90's, the inhabitants of the workers' village of Slobodka near the station Pyatigorsk built St. Michael's Cathedral (was closed in 1936). By the end of the XIX century has earned a small plant for bottling mineral water. Growing therapeutic base of resorts, dramatically increased the influx of spa visitors.

In March 1897, the Society for the Benefit of the Poor was opened, which contained a canteen, a night shelter, a library, an elementary school, and a student sanatorium..

1903 - the first streetcar lines were laid, which connected the station with Tsvetnik and further to Sabaneyevskie (Pushkin) baths and Proval. In the same year the majestic Church of Lazarus the Four Day was opened in Pyatigorsk, the services in which are conducted even nowadays. On May 5, 1904 there was started a regular streetcar service on the line "Station - Elizabeth Gallery". On August 14, 1904 was launched a regular streetcar service on the southern slope of the Mashuka to Proval. A streetcar ticket cost 10 kopeks. The operation of the streetcar was rented to the Brothers Leyzerovichi trading house with a rent of 25,000 rubles per year..

1904, May - in connection with the construction of streetcar tracks on Tsarskaya Street (Kirov Avenue) and the closure of car traffic on it, the paving of Emirovskaya Street (now Oktyabrskaya Street) was carried out..

August 15, 1904 - a building of the City Duma (architect - S. I. Gushchin, contractor - G. M. Bakhmutov) was opened at the corner of Tsarskaya Street (Kirov Avenue) and Yermolovsky Avenue (Kalinin Avenue). The building had a large hall for meetings, the Duma office, an office with a city archive, premises for the Orphans court and district magistrates. A fire tower was erected above the building. In the backyard was a fire station..

1904 - on the city outskirts in Kabardinskaya Slobodka (the end of Teplosernaya Street) the city slaughterhouses were built.

At the beginning of the XX century under the leadership of the Department of Waters (Directorate of Water Management - in Pyatigorsk) begins electrification of the CMW (and electric street lighting of Pyatigorsk). On April 28, 1904, street lighting appeared on Tsarskaya Street.ย In 1913, a thermal diesel power plant designed by engineer E.N. Kuteynikov for 800 hp was opened. It served as a backup to the Bely Ugol hydro station in wintertime when the water flow rate in the Podkumok River dropped.

In Pyatigorsk a warm spring of Narzan was opened and a sulfurous water pump room was built. New baths are being built (instead of Sabaney's), which are now called Pushkin's baths. In the park "Tsvetnik" is built Lermontov Gallery with a summer theater and stage, the hotel "Hermitage" (now Gogol Street, 1,ย arch. S. I. Gushchin) and "Bristol". The city is built up with comfortable dachas, and the dacha district "Proval" appears.

In 1911, the first electric biograph (the prototype of modern cinemas), Splendid, opened in the basement of Atabekov's house on Tsarskaya Street..

On January 21, 1913, the "White Chamomile" charitable hospital was opened to help the sick with tuberculosis. The building has survived to this day on Zheleznodorozhnaya Street, where one of the SKFU buildings is now located. The name of the hospital gave the neighborhood the name Belaya Romashka.

In 1915 a new town theater was opened (now - Stavropol Regional Theater of Operetta), which became an ornament and pride of Pyatigorsk, a monument was opened on the place of Mikhail Yurievich Lermontov's duel, the source of mineral water was found and named "Warm Narzan".

March 15, 1918 the Red Army occupied Pyatigorsk.

April 1918. Creation of a cartridge factory on the basis of the streetcar depot on the initiative of S. M. Kirov.

In 1918, treasury marks were issued in Pyatigorsk.

In 1920, in Pyatigorsk opened the country's first Balneological Institute.

In 1925, the city hosted its first radio broadcast.

In March 1926 opened the Spa Polyclinic for the treatment of patients arriving to the sanatoriums without vouchers (on kursovkas).

April 1928. Series production of the first domestic incubators designed by V. M. Mikhalkov and A. I. Tokmakov began. M. Mikhalkov and A. I. Tokmakov. Based on a prototype made for 300-500 eggs, repair workshops (later the Pyatigorskselmash plant) started producing incubators for the local hatchery station.

1932 - a geophysical observatory (now a hydrological station) was built on the slope of Mount Mashuk.

From 1934 to 1936 the city was the administrative center of the North Caucasus region.

On March 23, 1934, the first issue of The Young Leninist was published.

In 1935, Pyatigorsk hosted the first program of "low-line" mechanical television.

In the second half of the 1930s, the railroad from Mineralnye Vody to Kislovodsk and a branch to Zheleznovodsk were electrified).

December 29, 1937 Presidium of the Central Executive Committee decided to transfer the center of the Nagorny district of the Kabardino-Balkar ASSR from the city of Pyatigorsk in the village Kamennomostovskoye.

In March 1939, the Theater of Musical Comedy of the Chechen-Ingush ASSR was transferred to the city of Pyatigorsk (Stavropol State Regional Operetta Theater). It began its activities in October with the play Wedding in Malinovka by B.A. Alexandrov..

In October 1940, on the corner of Sovetsky Prospekt and Dzerzhinsky Street, a little booth with a thermometer, barometer, hydrometer, clock, and calendar indicating the year, date, month, and day of the week were installed..ย Demolished in the early 2000s.

On July 15, 1941 by the decision of the Regional Executive Committee 65 additional deployment of evacuation hospitals for 32395 beds were approved, of which: in Kislovodsk - 15 945, Essentuki - 5715, Pyatigorsk - 4690, Zheleznovodsk - 3090, Teberda - 280, the regions of the region - 2675 beds.ย On August 21, 1941 in Pyatigorsk seven hospitals were deployed, which housed 2944 wounded soldiers.

On August 21, 1941, seven hospitals were deployed in the city, which housed 2,944 wounded fighters.

August 9, 1942 - the city was occupied by the Germans. In the battles for Pyatigorsk on August 9-10, 1942, cadets and officers of Poltava Tractor College distinguished themselves.

On January 11, 1943, units of the 9th and 37th Armies liberated Pyatigorsk from the German invaders..

On March 9, 1943, according to the decree of the GKO of February 27, 1943 the SPC(b) regional committee adopted a resolution on the deployment of evacuation hospitals: in Stavropol for 300 beds, in Pyatigorsk for 4000 beds, in Kislovodsk for 8000 beds, in Yessentuki for 5200 beds, in Zheleznovodsk for 1500 beds.

During the German occupation the streetcar tracks were completely dismantled. In November 1943, streetcars once again ran on the restored tracks. The route to Proval was never restored.

In June 1946, after a five-year hiatus due to the war, the Tsvetnik Park reopened..

In April 1952, Soviet Prospect was renamed Prospekt S. M. Kirov. S. M. Kirov.

On August 20, 1953 the Goryachevodsky district was abolished. Its territory was transferred to the Pyatigorsk City Executive Committee.

In April 1955, a drilling party of the North Caucasus expedition of "Soyuzkoptazhminvod" discovered a new mineral spring "Goryachy Narzan" with a water temperature of 60 ยฐC on the northwest slope of Mashuk. A powerful fountain of mineral water struck from a depth of 300 m, which was later used for bottling Mashuk mineral water.

September 9, 1956 - opening of the Upper Market on the Levanev Square. Levanevsky Square of the Upper Market.

On March 27, 1959 the Executive Committee of the Stavropol Regional Council of Working People's Deputies decided to organize in Pyatigorsk a television studio and to unite with it the Pyatigorsk City Radio Broadcasting Department..

February 1961 - the beginning of filling the lake built in Novopiatigorsk.

February 23, 1961 - a rally in the public garden named after Andzhievsky on the commissioning of domestic gas in Pyatigorsk.

February 21, 1963 - the first large-format cinema "Cosmos" in the North Caucasus came into operation.

June 5, 1964 - the Council of Ministers of the RSFSR decided to restrict residence registration of citizens in the resort towns of Pyatigorsk, Kislovodsk, Zheleznovodsk, Essentuki, Mineralnye Vody and adjoining settlements of Stavropol region.

June 1965 - grand opening of the Novopiatigorskoye Lake.

February 7, 1966 - the village Goryachevodskaya was transformed into a working village Goryachevodsky and passed from the Predgorny district to the Pyatigorsk Council of Deputies.

July 1967 - in the sanatorium "Don" opened the first swimming pool in the city.

October 1968 - a monument to Komsomol members of the 20s was opened in the "White Romashka" district by sculptor M.G. Minkin..

1970 - Pyatigorsk is referred to 115 historical cities of Russia. The shopping center "Podkovoy" came into operation.

October 1973 - the cement figure of the Eagle on Goryachaya Mountain was replaced with a bronze one cast in Leningrad.

December 1978 - construction of the new railway station was completed.

February 1979 - commissioning of the automobile and streetcar overpass over the Yutsu River in the Goryachevodskoye settlement (near secondary school No. 20), which allowed to continue the streetcar line to the Lyudmila market.

February 15, 1979 - in the Lermontov State Museum-Reserve a new exhibition "Lermontov in the fine arts" was opened in the renovated manor..

April 22, 1979 - reconstruction of Kalinin Ave. Kalinin Ave. At the intersection of Kalinin Ave. Kirov Ave. and Kalinin Ave. Kalinin Ave. an underground overpass was opened.

July 31, 1980 - By Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR, Pyatigorsk was awarded the Order of the Red Banner of Labor.

December 1981 - the sanatorium "Rodnik" and the new building of the "House of Life" were put into operation.

1982 - opening of the monument to Alexander Pushkin and the new building of the M. Gorky city library. M. Gorky.

1983 - A new polyclinic was opened in the "White Romashka" neighborhood. Reconstruction of the Yermolovka Baths building was done. A new boarding house "Teploserny" is opened..

1988 - In the "Beshtau" district the building of City Hospital No. 2 was completed. In the Kirov Park of Culture and Recreation opened the green theater "Kamerton". In the park at the intersection of Kirov Ave. Kirov Street and Dzerzhinsky laid a monument to Leo Tolstoy.

At the beginning of the 1990s, 10 sanatoriums, 4 boarding houses and 5 health resorts operated in Pyatigorsk. In total about 170-185 thousand people were treated and rested during the year (in the second half and the end of 80s - 200-250 thousand).

In 1994, the Russian government adopted a resolution "On Special Economic Zone within the boundaries of a specially protected eco-resort region of the Russian Federation - the Caucasian Mineral Waters.

1994 - Construction of the motor-tram overpass on Bulvarnaya Street was completed. Tramway route No. 7 "Station - Vosstaniya Street" began operating on the newly opened overpass..

1995 - Construction of the second stage of streetcar tracks to the Beshtau neighborhood was completed. Route No. 8 "St. Georgievskaya St." - "Beshtau microdistrict" was opened..

On April 28, 1997 there was a terrorist attack - an explosion in the waiting room of a railway station, carried out by Chechen terrorists. As a result, two people were killed and 17 wounded.

October 6, 2000 - there was a terrorist attack on the territory of Pyatigorsk railway station.

December 8, 2000 - double terrorist attack on the Upper Market shopping complex.

2005 - In the square at the intersection of Dzerzhinskogo St. and Kirov Ave. The monument to the writer Leo Tolstoy was opened. Sculptor Svetlana Avakova.

2008 - the city widely celebrated the day of the Stavropol Territory and the 205th anniversary of KMV.

2008 - within the framework of the repair and reconstruction of the central streets of Pyatigorsk small sculptural forms were installed at the expense of entrepreneurs: the figure of Kisa Vorobyaninov (in the park "Tsvetnik"), the sculpture of Ostap Bender (the entrance to the tunnel of the lake Proval). Sculptor R. Yusupov.

2008 - on the intersection of Prospekt. Gallery" shopping and entertainment center was opened at the intersection of Kirov Ave. and 40 Let Oktyabrya St.

2010 - The idea of uniting the cities of Pyatigorsk and Lermontov was voiced in the media. It was never put into practice.

January 19, 2010 - Pyatigorsk became the center of the created formation of the North Caucasus Federal District of the Russian Federation.

August 9-27, 2010 - in Pyatigorsk on the eastern slope of Mount Mashuk (Komsomolskaya Polyana) held the first All-Caucasus Youth Forum "Mashuk.

17 ะฐะฒะณัƒัั‚ะฐ 2010ย โ€” ะฒ ั†ะตะฝั‚ั€ะต ะณะพั€ะพะดะฐ ะฝะฐ ะฟั€. ะšะธั€ะพะฒะฐ ัะพะฒะตั€ัˆั‘ะฝ ั‚ะตั€ั€ะพั€ะธัั‚ะธั‡ะตัะบะธะน ะฐะบั‚.

11 ัะตะฝั‚ัะฑั€ั 2010ย โ€” ะฝะฐ ัƒะปะธั†ะต ะ›ะตั€ะผะพะฝั‚ะพะฒะฐ ะฝะฐะฟั€ะพั‚ะธะฒ ะผัƒะทะตั-ะทะฐะฟะพะฒะตะดะฝะธะบะฐ ะœ.ย ะฎ.ย ะ›ะตั€ะผะพะฝั‚ะพะฒะฐ ะพั‚ะบั€ั‹ั‚ ะฟะฐะผัั‚ะฝะธะบ ะณะตะฝะตั€ะฐะปัƒย ะ.ย ะŸ.ย ะ•ั€ะผะพะปะพะฒัƒ.

2012ย โ€” ะŸัั‚ะธะณะพั€ัะบะธะน ะณะพััƒะดะฐั€ัั‚ะฒะตะฝะฝั‹ะน ะณัƒะผะฐะฝะธั‚ะฐั€ะฝะพ-ั‚ะตั…ะฝะพะปะพะณะธั‡ะตัะบะธะน ัƒะฝะธะฒะตั€ัะธั‚ะตั‚ ั€ะตะพั€ะณะฐะฝะธะทะพะฒะฐะฝ ะธ ะฒะบะปัŽั‡ั‘ะฝ ะฒ ัะพัั‚ะฐะฒย ะกะตะฒะตั€ะพ-ะšะฐะฒะบะฐะทัะบะพะณะพ ั„ะตะดะตั€ะฐะปัŒะฝะพะณะพ ัƒะฝะธะฒะตั€ัะธั‚ะตั‚ะฐ.

27 ะดะตะบะฐะฑั€ั 2013ย โ€” ะฝะฐ ะงะตั€ะบะตััะบะพะผ ัˆะพััะต ะพะบะพะปะพ ะทะดะฐะฝะธั ะฟะพะปะธั†ะธะธ ะฟั€ะพะธะทะพัˆั‘ะป ั‚ะตั€ั€ะพั€ะธัั‚ะธั‡ะตัะบะธะน ะฐะบั‚.

2014ย โ€” ะฒ ะผะธะบั€ะพั€ะฐะนะพะฝะต ยซะ‘ะตัˆั‚ะฐัƒยป ะพั‚ะบั€ั‹ะปัั ั‚ะพั€ะณะพะฒะพ-ั€ะฐะทะฒะปะตะบะฐั‚ะตะปัŒะฝั‹ะน ั†ะตะฝั‚ั€ ยซะ’ะตั€ัˆะธะฝะฐ ะŸะปะฐะทะฐยป.

22 ะผะฐั€ั‚ะฐ 2016ย โ€” ะฒ ะะฐะณะพั€ะฝะพะผ ะฟะฐั€ะบะต ะพั‚ะบั€ั‹ั‚ ะœัƒะทะตะน ะบะฐะผะตะฝะฝั‹ั… ะดั€ะตะฒะฝะพัั‚ะตะน ะฟะพะด ะพั‚ะบั€ั‹ั‚ั‹ะผ ะฝะตะฑะพะผ (ั„ะธะปะธะฐะปย ะŸัั‚ะธะณะพั€ัะบะพะณะพ ะบั€ะฐะตะฒะตะดั‡ะตัะบะพะณะพ ะผัƒะทะตั).

12 ะผะฐั 2016ย โ€” ะŸัั‚ะธะณะพั€ัะบะธะน ะณะพััƒะดะฐั€ัั‚ะฒะตะฝะฝั‹ะน ะปะธะฝะณะฒะธัั‚ะธั‡ะตัะบะธะน ัƒะฝะธะฒะตั€ัะธั‚ะตั‚ ะฟะตั€ะตะธะผะตะฝะพะฒะฐะฝ ะฒ ะŸัั‚ะธะณะพั€ัะบะธะน ะณะพััƒะดะฐั€ัั‚ะฒะตะฝะฝั‹ะน ัƒะฝะธะฒะตั€ัะธั‚ะตั‚.

15 ะผะฐั€ั‚ะฐ 2018 โ€” ะพั‚ะบั€ั‹ั‚ะธะต ะฝะพะฒะพะน ัั€ะตะดะฝะตะน ะพะฑั‰ะตะพะฑั€ะฐะทะพะฒะฐั‚ะตะปัŒะฝะพะน ัˆะบะพะปั‹ โ„– 31 ัะพ ัะฟะพั€ั‚ะธะฒะฝั‹ะผ ัƒะบะปะพะฝะพะผ.

Read more

Weather

ะŸะพะณะพะดะฐ. <noscript><img style=

26 ยฐC

overcast | 2 m/s

Magazine

Author's articles mentioning this city

Good to eat

Unusual places with a pleasant atmosphere, good service and a varied menu. Choice of the authors of the portal "Not Only Bears".

Take a walk

In the near future there will be favorite routes of locals, insights from guides, and much more

Discussion

Share tips with other travelers

Do you know any cooler places?

Tell us about them!

Log in

Save your favorite places, discuss your favorite cities, and rate places.

Suggest a location

Do you know a cool place we haven't covered yet? Tell us about it, and our editorial staff will visit it sooner or later. If it's really cool - we'll write about it on the portal!