Bottom
Historical background
For the first time, villages Bottom Big и Donets Minor Shelon region of the Novgorod Republic are mentioned in the scribe books at the beginning of the XV century. Dno during its existence has repeatedly changed its status: it was part of the Novgorod land at the time of the Pskov Republic, then belonged to the Grand Duke of Moscow. When the land along the Shelon belonged to Novgorod, many villages were monastic, and about ten villages belonged to the Novgorod Yuryev monastery, but the villages of Dno and Donets Minor belonged to the Kozmodemyansk monastery.
Since the middle of the XVI century the village Donets Minor is no longer mentioned anywhere, there are two versions: either it was abandoned after a plague epidemic that raged in 1550, or it merged with the village Don Bolshoye. In 1576 there were 33 households in the village, of which 14 were peasant and 11 were craftsmen. According to the documents, the village was owned by a major landowner Afanasiy Belsky, a relative of Malyuta Skuratov. In the XVIII century, in many documents it is also mentioned under the name of Bottom.
By the end of the XIX century Dno (or Donschina) became a large village (about six hundred inhabitants).
Then the center of Dnovskaya volost Porkhovsky County, Pskov Province.
In the literature there is a well-established view that in 1917 during the February Revolution at the station Dno Tsar Nicholas II signed his abdication, on this occasion at the station was even established worship cross. However, this is a mistake: in the Diary of Nicholas II the station of Dno is mentioned only as one of the points on the way first to Tsarskoye Selo, and then, after changing the route, to Pskov (this is also confirmed by other sources). The abdication itself and the signing of the manifesto took place in the car of the Tsar's train in Pskov.
Weather
17 °C
дождь | 4 м/с