Historical background
Until the second half of the 19th century, there was a Circassian settlement Shitkhala. The name Shitkhala (Adyg. Shytkhiale) means "drowning horses" in Circassian, which may be related to the strong currents of the Belaya River. After the end of the Caucasian War, most of the local population was deported in a large-scale mukhadjirstvo.
In 1862, the Cossacks of the 42nd Cavalry Regiment of the Kuban Cossack Army founded the earth fortress, and then founded the stanitsa Belorechenskaya, to which the first settlers arrived in May 1862. Initially the stanitsa was included in the Maikop department of the Kuban region.
In 1864, the population of the village was 1,415 people. According to the lists of settlements of the Kuban region for 1882There were 4,351 people, including 2,217 males and 2,134 females, living in the Belorechenskaya village. There were 640 households, 718 houses, residents owned 19,590 acres of land. There was 1 church, 1 men's school, 2 red goods shops, 9 groceries, 2 drinking establishments, 8 water mills. There were bazaars on Sundays, fairs from March 2 to 17 and on October 26.
According to the Brockhaus and Efron Encyclopedic Dictionary (1890-1907) the population of the village was 6792 people. Households - 1116, dwelling houses - 1275, one school, 15 shops, 3 drinking establishments, 9 water mills, 3 tanneries, 1 wool mill, 3 butter mills, 1 brickyard.
In 1910 through the village Belorechenskaya Armavir-Tuapsinsk railroad, the construction of which stimulated the rapid development of industry and trade, and a sharp influx of population in the village. Already by 1913 the population of Belorechenskaya had tripled and made up 21 778 people, including the native population of 4 210, 16 668 people from other towns..
In 1916 the population of the Belorechenskaya village was 24,547 people, including 4,552 natives, 19,995 non-natives.
In 1917 the population of the "Dacha stanitsa Belorechenskaya" was 14,052 people, including 7,035 males and 7,017 females. There were 2,791 households in the village.
June 2, 1924 the village of Belorechenskaya becomes the district center of Belorechensky district.
On May 28, 1958 the village was transformed into a city Belorechensk.
November 29, 1979 Belorechensk classified as a city of regional subordination.
Weather
30 °C
clear | 4 m/s