Historical background
Pohvistnevo station was founded on September 8, 1888 in connection with the construction of the railroad Samara - Ufa and the beginning of the movement of trains on the Samara-Zlatoustovsky railroad.
In 1901 opened a post office, in 1905 built the building of the station, and in 1914 - a stone school building.
By the decree of the All-Russian Central Executive Committee of 10.03.1934 the village at the station Pohvistnevo was transformed into a workers' settlement, the same decree included in its composition the following settlements of the Sosnovsky area: Pohvistnevo township, railway villages number 1 and 2, Pohvistnevo MTS manor, pig farm manor, the villages of Kalinin, Vyazovka and Trier. The administrative center of the Sosnovsky District was moved from the village of Sosnovka to the working settlement of Pokhvistnevo.
In November - December 1941 in Pokhvistnevo the 85th Maritime Rifle Brigade was formed from the personnel of the Black Sea Fleet and naval educational institutions. On February 20, 1944 the brigade was disbanded, and the personnel were sent to form the 83rd Infantry Division.
With the development of oil fields in the territory of the district Pokhvistnevskogo work village Pokhvistnevo August 19, 1947 was transformed into a town of regional subordination, and in 1963 was attributed to the city of regional subordination.
Weather
28 ยฐC
overcast | 6 m/s