Vilyuchinsk
Historical background
The first printed mention of the settlement can be found in the diary of S. P. Krasheninnikov. P. Krasheninnikov, dated March 16, 1739: "...we moved to Tarein ostozhok, which stands above the Avacha Bay: it has 2 yurts, 30 balagans. Toyon was newly baptized Mikhailo Tarein" (hence the name of the bay and the area). From ancient times these places were inhabited by Itelmens. People have lived here since the Stone Age, having survived the Ice Age. On the territory of the town of Vilyuchinsk and near it archaeologists have found 7 sites of Itelmens, whose culture refers to the period of 2 millennia BC - 1 millennium AD.
The town of Vilyuchinsk was formed by the Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the RSFSR on October 16, 1968, by uniting the settlements of Primorsky, Sovetsky (Staraya Tarja), Seldevaya, Rybachy (Novaya Tarja), Yagodny, Lakhtazhny and Bogatyryovka. The city has been named Vilyuchinsk since January 1994. The status of closed administrative-territorial formation Vilyuchinsk city acquired in accordance with the Law of the Russian Federation "On closed administrative-territorial formation" from 14.07.1992 โ 3297-1. On the basis of the order of the Government of the Russian Federation from 04.01.1994 โ 3-r closed city of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky-50 Kamchatka region (area of the Far North) has the name of closed administrative-territorial formation of the city of Vilyuchinsk. In accordance with the Law of Kamchatka region from 30.08.2005 โ 386 "On registration of amendments and additions to the charter of the closed administrative-territorial formation of Vilyuchinsk city" the closed administrative-territorial formation of Vilyuchinsk city of Kamchatka region is given the status of Vilyuchinsk city district of ZATO Vilyuchinsk.
It got its name from the name of the neighboring volcano - Vilyuchinsky.
In August 1938 in Tarja Bay of Avacha Bay a base of diesel submarines and Rybachy microdistrict of the future city of Vilyuchinsk were established.
In 1959, in accordance with the Decree of the CPSU Central Committee and the USSR Council of Ministers, the 4th Pacific Oceanographic Expedition TOGE-4 was established in Sovetskoye, which gave a powerful impetus to the development of the city. In 1963 TOGE-5 was established.
Since the end of 1959 the ship repair industry began to develop, and a few years later nuclear submarines of the Pacific Fleet settled in Krasheninnikov Bay. In 1959-60 a military unit of anti-submarine naval pilots was stationed in Rybachy, and military units No. 26942, 31268 and 63878 were established.
In May 1970, Admiral of the USSR Fleet S.G. Gorshkov laid the House of Fleet Officers (DOF) in the Rybachy microdistrict.
In 1973 the monument to the submariners who died in the performance of military duty was opened.
On July 28, 1996, a memorial was opened in Vilyuchinsk in honor of submariners who died while performing combat missions. The names of the submariners of L-16 are inscribed on a copper plate attached to the submarine's deckhouse, the names of the crew members of K-129 and K-429 are inscribed on granite slabs.
In 1998, the nuclear submarine flotilla was reorganized into the 16th Red Banner Submarine Squadron. Project 667BDR, Project 949, Project 955A and Project 971 nuclear submarines are based in Rybachy.
Weather
9 ยฐC
overcast | 3 m/s